Many of us have had the frustration of trying to leaving a phone message for a health care provider and waiting for a reply that never comes. I was interviewed recently for an article in The Paper Gown, a patient-oriented on-line publication, titled “What to Do When Your Doctor Isn’t Calling Back.” The bottom line: don’t wait more than 2 working days before following up on a non-urgent matter, be persistent, contact an administrator if you can’t reach the provider, and use the patient portal if available. You can find the article here: thepapergown.zocdoc.com/what-to-do-when-your-doctor-isn’t-calling-back
- Health Care Professionals Don’t Think Health Care is as Safe as the Rest of Us Do. Now What?
- Living with COVID-19 – Part 7: Catch Up on Care, Especially for Chronic Conditions
- Living with COVID-19 – Part 6: Shifting Gears, Mortgage Relief, Moving Ahead
- Living with COVID-19 – Part 5: Create a Pet Care Plan; How to Support Someone in a Hospital or Care Facility When You Can’t Visit
- Living with COVID-19 – Part 4: New Visitor Restrictions at Hospitals and Residential Care Facilities, Essential Documents for the ER or Hospital, More Resources for Dementia Caregivers